• 'Will you go to the conference?' you might respond "Yes, I will.'
• 'Did you hear from Tanisha?' you might answer 'No, I didn't.'
• 'Do you have money for popcorn?' you might answer 'Yes, I do.'
Why Teach Tagging On? 'Tagging On' provides a powerful response to questions. It just means reflecting the language of the question in your response. For example, if asked:
‘Tagging on’ can support people who use AAC in the following ways:
• Show that the individual is listening (by using the language of the question);
• More socially interactive than simply using a stark ‘yes’ or ‘no.’
• Provide a quick ‘placeholder’ while you think of a more extensive answer (e.g., for ‘b’ above, you might add “It looks great with your eyes.”)
More Info. More information is available on the Tagging On tip.
Download Tip # 2 for 2021 from www.aacintervention.com