Who Can Book
Books are always a fun way to explore core language.
But REMEMBER - just enjoy reading the book, pointing at and talking
about the text, THEN use light or high tech communication sets to talk
about the books, pointing out the core words. This should not be a
test, but a fun social interaction!!
• Uses carrier phrase: WHO + CAN VERB
• Uses pronouns: I, YOU, HE, SHE, IT, THEY
• Silly ending (Who can cancan)
Tips for Extending This Book!
• After you read this book multiple times, start referring to it in real life. Examples:
• <Bowling alley, baseball field, playing frisbee) WHO CAN PLAY? I CAN!
• <Listening to music in the car> WHO CAN SING? WE CAN!
• <Looking at your child's artwork> WHO CAN DRAW? YOU CAN!
• <Playing a card game> WHO CAN GO? I CAN!!