Devices and Pianos - What's the Connection?
So, the ink is definitely dry on this quote!
But how often to we see people succumbing to 'The Myth of the Box' – the idea that once a learner gets an AAC system, they should learn to use it easily, with minimal instruction.
Quotes such as this one can help us really think about:
• How long it takes to become a 'musician' (Time)
• The strategies and training needed to be successful (Training)
• The practice of all of the components, including the keyboard, pedals, etc. (Tools)
Call To Action: How will YOU use this quote? Here are a few ideas - please share more!
- Share it on your social media, to spread the word
- Make a poster for the wall
- Print this on the tote bag that carries the communication device / light tech system
- Show it at a professional development session