WHO & WHEN: Speakers include:
March 1, 2018: Linda J Burkhart will present from 8:30 - 4:30 on Multi-Modal Communication and Learning Strategies for Children Who Face Significant Disabilities.
She will cover:
- What We Know about Brain Function
- Multimodal & Learning Strategies
- Aided Language Stimulation
- Goal Setting and Data Selection
- Visual Challenges
- Beginning Implementation: Tips & Tricks for Making It Easy
March 2, 2018: Dr. Caroline Ramsey Musselwhite will present from 8:30 - 4:30 on Communication All Day Long: Communication Circles, Social Scripts, and MORE!
- Debunking the Myths of AAC
- Supporting Aided Language Input During Shared Reading
- Setting Up Communication Circles (typical peers learn to model & interact using AAC)
- Using Social Scripts (for quick, highly successful interactions)
More information about speakers is available at: www.gompers.org/AAC2018
HOW TO REGISTER: Go to this site to register! Super Early Bird date is November 15, 2017.
AAC in the Desert Registration
Download the Flyer: