October is AAC Awareness month - the perfect time to share . . . and implement the Communication Bill of Rights!
• The Committee consists of members from the following organizations:
• American Association on INtellectual and Developmental Disabilities
• American Occupational Therapy Association
• American Physical Therapy Association
• American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
• Association of Assistive Technology Art Programs
• Council for Exceptional Children Division for Communicative Disabilities and Deafness
• United States Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication
WHAT: This joint statement shares 15 fundamental communication rights
WHERE: Link to the National Joint Committee
Link to a downloadable version of the Bill of Rights:
Communication Bill of Rights
HOW: Please truly read this document. Choose at least one item to highlight each week during AAC Awareness Month. Let's light up social media with ideas of truly living this bill of rights!