This post gives some simple ideas for:
• Adults who are beginners at modeling with AAC systems
• Students who are beginners at using AAC systems
• Students who are beginning communication circle partners
This was prepared for paras at a school in Brooklyn where I work, but I thought it might be helpful to others.
Please know that these sample 'scripts' are NOT for:
- SLPs or teachers who work with many students who use AAC
- parents who have been trained in modeling (ex: people who have attended wonderful PODD training sessions).
This is for people who are working with students who have language rich systems, and don't have a clue where to start. Hope it's helpful - let me know!
Model Core Language