Using Enlarged Keyboards With the iPad:
Did you know that many keyboards work easily with an iPad?
All you need is the keyboard and a USB camera adaptor.
One very inexpensive keyboard to try is EZ Eyes Keyboard:
• In Canada, they are available at Dollorama for $3
• Order online (ex: Walmart is currently has them for $8.53)
Simplifying the Keyboard:
Here’s a tip from Sarah (teacher and Mom extraordinaire!)
• Remove (pop off) any keys your student won’t need (ex: function keys)
• Consider removing the top # keys, as they are visually busy
Step-by-Step Instructions for using keyboards:
1) Go to a page that accepts text (ex: Keynote; AbiliPad; text page in Proloquo2Go)
2) Attach adaptor to end of keyboard cable
3) Plug in keyboard
4) You will get a message indicating that the keyboard won’t work – click OK
5) Make sure you have a cursor, then start typing!