Many of you will know about this already, but just in case . . .
This website is fantastic for switch users everywhere! They offer a huge range of fun, accessible games. These games can be played online, and new games are added frequently. For each activity, switch settings may be manipulated.
Early Years: Even the most simple ‘cause-effect’ style games have style and pizzazz! For example, Mystery Egg provides:
• A range of differently-colored eggs
• Multiple characters (monsters, dragons, a penguin) that pop out
• Varied music reinforcement
Games: These include typical switch games such as Space Shooters, sports games such as Hurdle Champion, and obstacle games such as Little Lost Penguin.
Stories: This section presents visual stories and songs, such as counting songs. For all of the activities, the graphics are well-done, and often not too young, so that students in ‘double-digits’ (10 and up!) can still enjoy the activities. In addition, music is not babyish, and story concepts are clever. For example, the story Car Wash offers:
• Multiple scenes, so that students can predict ahead (car wash running, handsome young man in a convertible drives up . . . !!!)
• Highly engaging graphics, such as water spouting from the young man’s mouth after he goes through the car wash, top down!
Creative: Explore your creative side with activities such as Card Maker and Train Tracker.
Find Out: This set offers exploration of numbers, time, the keyboard and more.
You just might find this the best $16 you spend each year (the cost for a single user)!!